ADVERTISE IN THE ANNIVERSARY ISSUE

WANTED::Advertisers & Sponsors For The Upcoming Issue of DIVINE Magazine!

To Request a Media Kit or Sponsorship Package, Email
divinemagazine@gmail.com or Call 1.855.456.4475 TODAY!!!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mission Trip To Africa

Several things have impacted my life throughout the years but my recent mission trip to Africa is definitely in the top 3! I spent 10 days in Africa. We flew from Memphis to Atlanta stopped in Dakar and then on to Johannesburg. We spent time in Swaziland and in Durban. It was a busy 10 days but one that will change my outlook on life forever.

In addition, I completely know God on another level after flying 17 hours in the air to and from Africa. I realized that only God could keep an airplane in the air that long. I'm so thankful that God kept me and the other missionaries during our journey. I will in the days to come share some of our experiences. I'll begin with the visits to the CarePoints.

CAREPOINTS

To visit the CarePoints and love on the children that were there was an amazing experience. I encountered children who had next to nothing but smiled big as ever, sang songs, and praised Jesus (Siyabonga Jesu). I learned a valuable lesson about gratefulness and simplicity.

Here are a few pictures of the children at the various CarePoints:












Whether we were playing Duck, Duck Goose or singing to the top of our lungs, it was such a joy to spend time with children that are truly destined for greatness. I was so excited to be a part of inspiring the children that I met. I hugged them, sang to & with them, played with them and took some time to hold those that just wanted to be held. The children of Swaziland blessed me as much as I may have blessed them. Remember, that God has given us an opportunity to impact lives from our local neighborhoods to the CarePoints in Africa. I am so grateful for my opportunity to do so and look forward to more and more mission trips. I encourage you to get involved with missions as well.
Feel free to ask me any questions about my 10 day experience and I will be posting even more pictures soon.
MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED MY TRIP TO AFRICA! GOD BLESS YOU & KNOW THAT YOU HAVE SOWN A GREAT SEED INTO THE LIVES OF OTHERS:)

No comments:

Post a Comment