ADVERTISE IN THE ANNIVERSARY ISSUE

WANTED::Advertisers & Sponsors For The Upcoming Issue of DIVINE Magazine!

To Request a Media Kit or Sponsorship Package, Email
divinemagazine@gmail.com or Call 1.855.456.4475 TODAY!!!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Everything & Everyone Has A Purpose

I accidentally turned on one of the eyes on my stove the other day while cleaning around the knobs. The eye came on so quick that I immediately felt the heat rising from it. Since I wasn't planning to use it, I was really able to appreciate how great my stove is at what it's meant to do. I realized that if I were to ever go to use the stove and the eye didn't come right on that I would immediately call a repair man. Ultimately I realized that EVERYTHING has a purpose. Surely if I expect my stove to do what it is "purposed" to do then certainly God has a purpose for His children that are far more valuable than an eye on a stove! Matthew 10:29-31 confirms our value, "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

Let us not forget that we all have a purpose on this earth. God had plans for our lives and the lives that we would touch even while our mothers carried us in their wombs. "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome" (Jeremiah 29:11).

Life happens and sometimes we don't feel like we even have a purpose or we have a hard time figuring out our purpose. Nevertheless, "we are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose"(Romans 8:28). So we are not to give up but to continue seeking God on what he would have us to do. Just like I would call my repair man if anything in my house failed to work properly, we have a Repair Man that we can call on to fix our hearts, our minds, our spirits and much more. Have you called on the Repair Man-the Creator of the universe, the Healer, the I AM, the Everything to your Everything, your God and Savior--to help you figure out your purpose? You should, His line is never busy and He's open 24 hours a day, 365 days out of the year. Think about it and remember Everything & Everyone Has A Purpose!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment