ADVERTISE IN THE ANNIVERSARY ISSUE

WANTED::Advertisers & Sponsors For The Upcoming Issue of DIVINE Magazine!

To Request a Media Kit or Sponsorship Package, Email
divinemagazine@gmail.com or Call 1.855.456.4475 TODAY!!!

Monday, October 12, 2009

7 Questions For...

Memphis Mayoral Candidate A.C. Wharton


DIVINE: (1) What are the top issues that you plan to tackle when you get into office?
AC: (1) Solving Crime is my number one priority. (2) Safety next because I want to ensure domestic tranquility. (3) Job Security because if we have more jobs it means less people in jail, less worry about teenage pregnancy, low self-esteem, etc. If people have good jobs then there is a certain pride and dignity that flows from them, people feel like they are contributing. (4) Education because building support and finding resources for our schools is very important. I want to have a better relationship with the schools by providing support and not meddling.


DIVINE: (2) How long will it take for your plan of action to take place?
AC: Immediately. I am working on projects right now.


DIVINE: (3) What support can you/do you plan to provide for Faith Based Organizations?
AC: Build on what I've done already. Continue with the Faith Based Council and continue to implement programs like Headstart, Community Clean-up Programs, etc. I owe Faith Based Organizations for their support. I'd be the first to help with funding just as we did with World Overcomers and the Infant Mortality Project.


DIVINE: (4) Who/What Inspires You?
AC: My faith inspires me...I am a spirited person...it's hard for me to see evil. I always see the good in things and people. I have a good ability to do that. The people of good will greatly outweigh the people that don't...I can't walk way from that...I want to be involved with it.


DIVINE: (5) How would you change the big ball of potential theory that surrounds the city of Memphis?
AC: We've got the potential to be an excellent city...we have so many natural attributes--the river, the untapped labor force, people of good will, University of Memphis, University of Tennessee, Lemoyne Owen, all the colleges and universities and much more. We just need a leader to tap into it and release it. Even the fact that Allen Iverson is here is great, anything that will unleash the competitiveness in us and the spirit of teamwork is good for our city.


DIVINE: (6) How will citizens be able to gauge the city of Memphis' progress under your leadership?
AC: I'm accessible and transparent about everything. I will set goals, provide time tables and measuring devices. I will always communicate with the citizens what's going on in our city.


DIVINE: (7) Describe your passion for the city of Memphis.
AC: I've had the privilege to travel to a lot of places and all cities have challenges. It's a love affair with me as it relates to my passion for Memphis. I wasn't born and raised here but I moved here by choice and stayed by choice. I want to help this city reach its fullest potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment