ADVERTISE IN THE ANNIVERSARY ISSUE

WANTED::Advertisers & Sponsors For The Upcoming Issue of DIVINE Magazine!

To Request a Media Kit or Sponsorship Package, Email
divinemagazine@gmail.com or Call 1.855.456.4475 TODAY!!!

Monday, August 10, 2009

7 Questions For...

J.J. HAIRSTON

New Album In Stores
September 1, 2009
RESTING ON HIS PROMISE
YOUTHFUL PRAISE featuring J.J. HAIRSTON



Click Music To Listen Now/Click Video For Exclusive Footage

DIVINE: (1) How have you grown since your last album?
JJ: I think I've grown spiritually, and I realize my purpose in the gospel music industry. I didn't really know what my focus or purpose was before, but I have a good handle on it now.

DIVINE: (2) How has Youthful Praise grown?
JJ: Well we've matured a lot. We're not kids anymore, and I believe we're in this for the right reason. Not for fame or anything like that, but to minister.

DIVINE: (3) What's your favorite song on this new album?
JJ: That would be "Close to You". It's a very intimate and personal worship song. I sing that song all the time. (I mean by myself).

DIVINE: (4) What can fans expect from your new album?
JJ: A lot of upbeat praise, of course intimate worship, some good old fashion church choir music, and a lot of the sound that the people who have the first YP record would recognize.

DIVINE: (5) What other projects do you have up your sleeves?
JJ: Well we're writing for a few other projects, but right now my focus is on promoting this new record.

DIVINE: (6) What was the inspiration for the song "Resting On His Promise"?
JJ: Well I wanted to encourage God's people in this crazy economic time. There are some people who may have lost jobs, or who are worried about losing a job or just worried about what their financial future is going to be. I just wanted to encourage them to rest on the promises of God.

DIVINE: (7)"Resting On His Promise" has lyrics that say, "I'm covered", why is it so important for believers to remember this and non-believers to understand this?
JJ: Well the main focus of the song is about being financially covered, but it also can be translated to being covered from anything! Sickness, financial difficulty, stress; we're covered or should I say shielded from all of it. Will we ever get sick, maybe, but our outcome is not the same as those who are non believers; their trust is man, but ours is in the Lord. It's important that non-believers see and recognize that because it may win them to Christ. We all have been failed by man, but God can not fail!

DIVINE: Thanks so much for your time and many blessings on all your future endeavors!
JJ: Thank you so much for you support!

###

No comments:

Post a Comment